You’ve asked for it (on more than one occasion) and we can finally announce that Jumble has released email attachments; this is BIG news! Now when you send a secure email you can easily attach ANY file type for encryption – Jumble will seamlessly encrypt email attachments and include it in the secure email.
Why the wait for encrypted email attachments?
It took us a little longer than planned to develop and release encrypted attachments because unlike most end-to-end email encryption providers Jumble is zero-knowledge and combining the functionality with the ease of use took some time.
If you want to know more about what zero knowledge means click here but in brief it means we don’t have access to your email data or attachments as we don’t store a copy of it….EVER. This means we can’t read your email data or attachments and we can’t hand it over nor can it be breached in the event of a cyber attack.
Why your business should encrypt email attachments
While email data alone can be sensitive it is usually the information contained within the email’s attachments that is more confidential in nature. Jumble’s attachment support truly protects your business regardless of the attachment type including PDF, Excel, videos and photos.
How to encrypt email attachments
- Make sure you have the latest version of Jumble installed in your browser. Attachments works with version 0.1.1.51 or higher. To check which version you are using simply click on the Jumble icon on your browser and check the version number at the bottom of the pop up, see below.
- When you compose an email you should see a new icon at the bottom of the screen, see below. Select this icon to securely encrypt email attachments such as workbooks, documents, videos and photos.
- These attachments will be encrypted in the browser and the email and email attachments will be encrypted for the life of the email.
- Your email will then look as follows:
- Finally, select the “Secure Send” button to encrypt email attachments.
How do I decrypt an email with attachments?
- If you have Jumble installed on your browser simply click the attached document and it will download automatically to your computer.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Jumble installed; and
- A tutorial will pop up upon installation to guide you through the process to encrypt email attachments with Jumble.
More info and links
If you’d like a demo, or have any questions, please drop us an email at [email protected] and we’ll set one up at your convenience.
To download Jumble for Gmail go to the Google Chrome Store here
To learn more about Jumble’s features and how it can secure your business’s emails check out our website www.jumble.io